Keita and Jason start to get more meta than usual by discussing the pros and cons of going with a particular platform. Along the way there are a number of diversions and even a bit of follow up where Jason — once again — flip-flops on whether to invest his money in a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad T460s or a three-year old, fully loaded MacBook Pro. There are strong reasons for both hardware options, but only one can be chosen.
TL;DR for our 40-minute show breaks down as follows:
Why OS X?
- we already use Apple hardware
- we're already familiar with the platform
- lots of great, independent applications that only exist on Apple's platforms
- really good energy consumption on mobile devices
- better driver support for a wide range of hardware
- Windows 10 sucks less than other versions of Windows
- a lot more control over almost every aspect of the system
- really good hardware support
- LOTS of different variations to suit any need we may have
- general familiarity with the platform
There's a lot more to it than these short lists, of course, and we discuss them with varying degrees of success.
If you were Jason, which notebook would you go with? The 2013 13" MacBook Pro with a 4th Generation Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD or a 2016 Lenovo ThinkPad T460s with a 6th Generation Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM (initially), and a 256GB SSD alongside a 500GB spinning disk hard drive?
Find Us Online!
Thanks for listening!